Thursday, May 10, 2012

And Then There's the Weather - Rain, Rain, and Rain

I came home early Sunday morning in a rain storm - wind, rain, hail, thunder and lightening.  I couldn't see the road so I pulled into the closed Shell station (it was only 2 am).  I was out of the hail and the wind and I was freaking out!  I called Bill and he was still up at home.  He was watching the rain pour in through the living room window. (More on that later.)

I made him check the storm on the internet and talk to me until there was a break in the storm.  There were sissy cars all over the road , hiding up bridges and scared to go through the flooding on the road.  I drove the last 3 miles home with the phone line open so if I screamed he could hear me.

I was so happy to be home and I had water clean up to take care of before bed.
This is Bill's idea of cleaning up the window water:
 Aprons for towels.
The pan catches the rain (there's a couple inches in there).
Note - we did not unplug anything.

I did the cleanup and put some strong towels down - Jan to the rescue!  What do they do with out us?
Now who do we call the professional?

No comments:

Post a Comment