Monday, March 5, 2012

Stuck on Ice

Saturday morning I was stuck on the ice in Brenda's driveway when I stopped by for a visit.  I followed Brenda to her new place.  I was right behind her.  She parked her car and got out to direct me to a parking spot.  However, I made the mistake of pausing and when I tried to continue up the drive, my wheels began spinning and I was stuck.  I tried to back up but I ended up in a snow bank which saved me from backing down the hill.  So here I am, in the middle of a hill.  I can't go up and I can't go down.  See for yourself.
So the first thing I did was stop the car and grab my camera to take photos of the adventure.

That back tire isn't going anywhere!  We can't shovel the snow out of the way because it is frozen to pure ice.
And it's too slick to go forward.
There is no salt in the garage so while I took more photos, Brenda went across the street to ask the neighbor for some salt.  Neighbor to the rescue.  Salt pored under both front tires and Brenda was able to drive my car up the hill safely to a parking space by the garage.  We took Brenda's four wheel drive car and made it to Latin Dancing class at LA Fitness just in time.

How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment